Sooji 1/4th cup
Ragi ata or Nachni ata 2 table spoons
Sugar 2 table spoons
Ghee 1 tablespoon
Milk 1 cup
Roasted dry fruits powder
1. Roast dry Sooji in a pan. Keep the has on slow to maintain the fragrance.
2. In a blender, blend apple and Ragi ata. Add water to make a paste
3. After roasting Sooji, add a table spoon of ghee.
4. Add cardamom powder and the blended mixture of Apple and Ragi
5. Add milk and let the Sooji cook.
6. When it gets into the consistency of Halwa, add sugar and roasted dry fruits powder
6. Serve it warm and you can keep the consistency as per your baby’s eating habits.
Ragi is majorly made of carbohydrates. It is rich in calcium and protein and also has good amount of iron and other minerals in it.
Semolina is rich in calcium, potassium, zinc, manganese umbrella, iron,folate and many other minerals and vitamins.
It is very nutritious for children. Babies above 6 months can have it on a daily basis. Adults can have it too as it has numerous health benefits. If you want to make it even healthier you can just omit the sugar.