Hair is the most beautiful accessory a woman can wear. The long luscious locks of a woman makes her feel beautiful and graceful from within. These days our lifestyles are such that we don’t get enough time to give ourselves the long over due hair spa or to even put oil in our hair.
The result is that our hair strands keep getting thinner and eventually start to fall out. When we see bunch of hair rolled up on our hair brush, we panic and rush to a dermatologist. To all the women out there who are facing hair fall for one reason or the other, take a deep breath. Here is the list of some very effective home remedies which will lesson your hair fall within a week’s time and will also give your hair the shine and glimmer they have been missing for so long.
This is the easiest and the most nutritious thing you can do for your hair. Coconut is the source of magnesium, potassium, Vitamin E and all the minerals and vitamins your hair need to be strong and shiny. It works as a conditioner and smoothens the hair strands. You can apply the milk directly to the roots which will stimulate the roots of your hair follicles and will promote growth in the long run. Coconut milk works best when the hair is dry and damaged. It restores the health of the hair in just two applications.
- Take fresh home made coconut milk. Apply it to your scalp with your hands or a hair coloring brush
- Massage your hair roots very gently for a few minutes
- Cover your hair with a towel and let the coconut milk stay in your hair for an hour
- Rinse your hair with cold water and enjoy your velvety hair
Since ages Ayurveda, the Indian science of medicine has been using Neem in various medicines. Neem has great anti bacterial properties and thus helps reducing dandruff. It is a great simulator for the hair follicles and helps increase the blood flow in the scalp. Increased blood flow give the hair roots the nutrition they were deprived of. If used consistently, Neem can cure baldness too.
- Grind a bunch of Neem leaves to make a thick paste
- Apply the paste to your scalp, roots and to the complete lengths of your hair
- Let the paste rest in your hair for an hour or two
- Rinse with water and be sure to protect your eyes as the paste might cause irritation
- Boil a fistful of Neem leaves in water
- Let the color of the water change. It’s then the medicnal properties of the leaves will get transferred to water.
- After shampooing your hair, rinse with Neem water
Yogurt or typically called as curd in India is very nutritional for the hair. When the hair starts to fall out, the roots and their pores loosen up, resulting in more hair strands getting detached. Yogurt contains Vitamin B5 and many other vital nutrients which make the hair stronger and healthier. The anti microbial properties of curd initiate hair growth and makes hair regrow in the bald spots as well.
- Take two tablespoons of yogurt in a bowl, add a few drops of lemon and a tablespoon of honey
- make a paste and apply it in the roots and the scalp
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and rinse with cold water
- You can do this twice a week to ensure that the hair follicles start to regrow
Apart from these hair applications, you can include the following in your diet. A good, balanced diet will give your body the nutrition to keep your hair strands, roots and your scalp healthy. Here are a few things you can start eating:
- Eggs or any other form of protien
- Fenugreek or Methi seeds
- Amla or gooseberry
We hope these tips help you get rid of your hair fall. Happy hair makes a happy you.